Systems and processes: HMRC information systems: indirect tax: Departmental Trade Register
Departmental Trade Register (DTR) is a database of trader registration information and as such is widely used throughout all business areas of the department. It includes all VAT and Excise Traders.
This information can be viewed, interrogated and, subject to authorised access, updated by business users.
The system provides:-
- trader registration information
- for each revenue activity a trader may be engaged in, basic information about each activity.
- the location of each activity and the controlling HMRC office for each activity
- search and enquiry facilities
- reporting, printing and audit facilities
DTR is also a VAT debt management system and provides trader information for other systems such as VISION, CRIP and Electronic Folder.
N.B It is also a security platform for a large number of other systems.
More information is available in the DTR User Guide