beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

International Manual

Investment from abroad: Inward Investment Support

Enquiries concerning investment from abroad

HMRC offers advice and assistance to investors looking to establish or expand their activities in the UK, consistent with the guidelines of HMRC’s Clearances and Approvals procedure.

Inward Investment Support (IIS) is a service we provide to businesses who aren’t resident in the UK and who don’t already deal with us. Our aim is to give clarity and certainty to non resident businesses about the tax consequences of significant investments in the UK. Potential investors who do not have a UK tax presence may approach HMRC at the following address to obtain the tax information they need to set up business in the UK:-

Inward Investment Support
HM Revenue & Customs
CSTD Business, Assets & International,
10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf


NE98 1ZZ



Or email <Inward Investment Support, Mailbox (CTIAA)> 

There is more information about this service on the HMRC internet site at .