We are required to keep records of:
- remissions (IHTM30502) of interest on tax
- non-statutory remissions and irrecoverable assessments (IHTM30502)
- cases compromised (IHTM30531) upon a point of law
- losses due to departmental error (IHTM30541)
- erroneous or excessive repayments of tax (IHTM30551).
Records are also kept of cases where the value of a holding of quoted stocks and shares (IHTM18061) has been reduced because of the size of the entire holding - those are dealt with by Shares Assets and Valuation (SAV).