We monitor the time it takes us to deal with post by conducting post turnaround checks .This provides us with management. These checks are carried out by staff in the Registry.
Records of work undertaken are kept in the form of workbooks (in Compliance) and PFW (inPC&S).
The amount of time spent on each type of activity and the costs of staff resources arerecorded on RP diary
Validation and quality checks
We conduct a number of validation and quality checks on particular sorts of cases. These include
- post-settlement validation checks(IHTM29154).
- the review of high-yielding cases (IHTM29153)
- risk assessment validation (IHTM29155)
Roles and responsibilities
It is the responsibility of all staff and managers to be aware of what is required interms of governance and to act in line with the guidance provided.
The Head of IHT is responsible for
- Making sure that we comply with the governance procedures
- Validating the results in any case where the culpable tax is more than £1 million or where the Head of Compliance or one of the operational managers has been involved in the case, in more than a management capacity.
The IHT Senior Management Team are responsible for making sure that
- Yield is recorded correctly
- The case management procedures are followed in all cases
- We validate our results
- We follow the Litigation and settlement strategy in all cases
Operational managers are responsible for
- Bringing sensitive cases to the attention of the appropriate person
- Making sure that repayments are made in accordance with HMRC and IHT practice