Investigating Event Form: IHT 100c - Assets in a discretionary trust ceasing to be relevant property (proportionate charge)
This is a dual purpose form to inform this office about:
- assets ceasing to be relevant property IHTA84/S58 in a relevant property trust that give rise to a proportionate charge before the first ten year anniversary IHTA84/S68, or
- assets distributed after the first ten year anniversary IHTA84/S69.
You would have to consider the following in relation to the information provided:
- Has the discretionary trust come to an end
- Does grossing up (IHTM14593) apply
- Have there been any additional assets since the settlement commenced
- Has there been any additional relevant property since the settlement commenced, if so are there any valuation requirements i.e. realty, shares.
- Have there been any amendments since the last ten year anniversary, if so what.
- Have there been any assets within the settlement, which has now become relevant property.
- Double taxation relief (IHTM27181) details.