Inheritance Tax accounts and accountability: summary
- what information is returned in the accounts, and
- what you should consider when you look at an account.
You will find information on how you should deal with many of the assets and liabilities that are included in accounts. It also gives you links to where you can find information about assets and liabilities that are dealt with elsewhere in the manual.
The second part looks at ‘accountability’. It tells you
- who is responsible for completing and delivering the accounts
- what is to be included in the account
- the time limits for delivering accounts, and
- when an account is not required.
This is important. You need to know who should submit the account for each type of charge to IHT so you can
- check that an account has been delivered by the correct person, and
- if necessary, take action to secure delivery of an account where it is not delivered on time.