This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Inheritance Tax Manual

Grants on credit: protecting the charge to tax: land charges and notices

If the deceased’s estate includes a house or land you should consider registering a Notice of the Inheritance Tax charge at the land registry.

It is the responsibility of Debt Management and Banking (DMB) to register the Notice. You will need to complete form DMB 1 (the IHT to DMB referral form available on SEES).