Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Inheritance Tax Manual

Communications: Taxpayers with disabilities/special needs: services to blind and partially sighted customers

If someone asks for a special service because they are visually impaired, you must do what you can to provide it, if necessary after consultation with the Products and Process Team (PPT) in Ferrers House.

The special services we can provide include

Large print

  • Letters

    • You can use large print (14 point or larger) for anyone who requests it. The correspondent will probably tell you what point size they need. Only use capitals where necessary (such as, at the beginning of sentences). A string of capital letters is hard to read.
  • Forms

    • Please contact the (PPT) in Ferrers House if you receive any requests for forms in large print. PPT will get copies of the forms from the Visually Impaired Media Unit.

Top of page


  • The Visually Impaired Media Unit, in Shipley provides a Braille transcription service. If a correspondent requests letters in Braille, please refer this immediately to the PPT.

Top of page

Audio Tapes and CDs

The Visually Impaired Media Unit, in Shipley can also provide audio tapes and CDs. If a customer requests either of these you should refer the request to the PPT.