National Export System (NES) and authorisation procedures: authorisation to use simplified procedures and DEP (Designated Export Place) facility
To be eligible to apply to use the simplified procedures and/or be approved to operate as a DEP, traders must meet the following criteria:
- have a Economic Operator Reference and Information (EORI) number
- be a legal entity in the UK eg Sole proprietor, Partnership, Public Limited Company, Private Limited Company
- have a good record of compliance with HMRC eg INTRASTAT submissions, VAT returns
- regularly declare goods for export
- be able to provide declarations electronically to CHIEF.
When the completed application form is returned, the form should be checked for completeness, to ensure that the applicant meets the authorisation criteria and conditions.
Where a trader wishes to use NES in conjunction with other Customs procedures, Customs staff should establish eligibility. Applications for other procedures should be processed in line with relevant guidance and local practice eg if an application to use NES requires removal from Customs Warehousing using CSE, then the authorisation for Customs Warehousing should reflect this.