National Export System (NES) and authorisation procedures: restricted goods control
Restrictions or prohibitions are imposed from time to time on the exportation of goods from the Customs territory of the EU whether via the UK or another member state. The restrictions cover such goods as some live animals, counterfeit, pirated and patent infringing goods, certain fish, ozone depleting substances, endangered species etc. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
BIS contacts can be found in the following links:
- Strategic Goods and Services: Assessment of risk and offence action
- Strategic Goods and Services: BIS Export Licensing and Sanctions
- Strategic Goods and Services: BIS Export Licensing and Sanctions - Particular circumstances
- CITES (Endangered Species), and
- C4-35 (Environmental or health controls)
There is also a beginner’s guide for export controls at the following link: Do I need an export licence?