National Export System (NES) and authorisation procedures: criteria and conditions
Traders must always comply with the authorisation criteria and conditions, which cannot be changed.
Conditions to be met are to:
- have a Economic Operator Reference and Information (EORI) number
- be a legal entity in the UK eg Sole proprietor, Partnership, Public Limited Company, Private Limited Company
- have a good record of compliance with HMRC eg INTRASTAT submissions, VAT returns
- regularly declare goods for export
- must also be able to provide declarations electronically to CHIEF.
Traders who fail to meet the criteria and conditions must not be authorised. The reason(s) for refusal of the application must be confirmed to the trader in writing.
Further guidance can be gained by accessing the Customs Authorisation and Approvals manual which is available on the HMRC section of GOV.UK.