The Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) exports system is essentially a data capture and validation system. CHIEF supports the National Export System (NES) by providing an electronic gateway for making full and simplified export procedure declarations.
The UK Tariff and GOV.UK webpages provide information and advice for making electronic export declarations onto CHIEF for the following:
- Standard Full Declaration procedure
- Simplified Declaration Procedure (SDP)
- Local Clearance Procedure (LCP)*
- Low value procedure
- Non-statistical procedure
- Customs Removal Request (C21)
- Entry in Declarants records (EIDR)*
- Customs Supervised Exports(CSE*
*LCP ceases with the implementation of the UCC. There will be a new simplification procedure called Entry in Declarants records (EIDR) and a new national scheme introduced – Customs Supervised Exports (CSE). See EXPP2040.