Penalties: Failure to Make a Return - Companies: Companies
CTSA: CT & CTA10/S455: APs ending on or after 10/07/99
Detailed guidance is in the Company Taxation Manual at CTM94000+.
CTPF: CT: APs ending 01/10/93 - 30/06/99
TMA70/S94 as it applied for these APs provided penalties as follows
- S94(1): a fixed penalty of £100 if the return was delivered within 3 months of the filing date, or £200 if later than that. However,
- S94(5) increased that £100 to £500 and that £200 to £1,000 where the company was failing with the third or more consecutive return.
- S94(6): an additional fixed tax-geared penalty where the failure continued beyond 18 months after the end of the AP, that is
- Where the return was delivered between 18 months and two years after the end of the AP, 10% of the amount of tax that was unpaid at that 18-month point.
- Where the return was delivered more than 2 years after the end of the AP, 20% of the amount of tax that was unpaid at that 18-month point.
All of these penalties are of the fixed-amount type. None is to be abated. TMA70/S100B(2)(a).
CTA: CT: APs ending before 01/10/93
The previous version of S94 applied.
Should you encounter such a case, approach contact link.
All APs: ITA07/Part15/Chapter15: CT61(Z) Returns
Throughout, the penalties applicable to these returns are those in TMA70/S98. See EM4900+.