DT: Yugoslavia: double taxation agreement, Article 12: Royalties
(1) Royalties arising in a Contracting State which are derived and beneficially owned by a resident of the other Contracting State may be taxed in that other State.
(2) However, such royalties may also be taxed in the Contracting State in which they arise and according to the law of that State, but the tax so charged shall not exceed 10 percent of the gross amount of the royalties.
(3) The term `royalties` as used in this Article means payments of any kind received as a consideration for the use of, or the right to use, any copyright of literary, artistic or scientific work (including cinematograph films, and films or tapes for radio or television broadcasting), any patent, trade mark, design or model, plan, secret formula or process,or for the use of, or the right to use, industrial, commercial or scientific equipment, orfor information concerning industrial, commercial or scientific experience.
(4) The provisions of paragraphs (1) and (2) of this Article shall not apply if the beneficial owner of the royalties, being a resident of a Contracting State has in the other Contracting State in which the royalties arise a permanent establishment with which the right or property giving rise to the royalties is effectively connected. In such acase, the provisions of Article 7 shall apply.
(5) Royalties shall be deemed to arise in a Contracting State where the payer is that State itself, a political subdivision, a local authority or a resident of that State.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (5) of this Article, where the payer of the royalties, whether he is a resident of a Contracting State or not, has in a Contracting State a permanent establishment in connection with which the liability to pay the royalties was incurred and which bears the royalties, the royalties shall be deemed to arise in the Contracting State in which the permanent establishment is situated.
(7) Where, owing to a special relationship between the payer and the person deriving the royalties or between both of them and some other person, the amount of the royalties paid exceeds, for whatever reason, the amount which would have been paid in the absence of such relationship, the provisions of this Article shall apply only to the last-mentioned amount. In that case, the excess part of the payments shall remain taxable according to the law of each Contracting State, due regard being had to the other provisions of this Convention.