DT: Yugoslavia: double taxation agreement, Article 11: Interest
(1) Interest arising in a Contracting State which is derived and beneficially owned bya resident of the other Contracting State may be taxed in that other State.
(2) However, such interest may also be taxed in the Contracting State in which it arises, and according to the law of that State, but the tax so charged shall not exceed 10 per cent of the gross amount of the interest.
(3) The term ‘interest’ as used in this Article means income from Government securities, bonds or debentures, whether or not secured by mortgage and whether or not carrying a right to participate in profits, and other debt-claims of every kind as well as all other income assimilated to income from money lent by the taxation law of the State in which the income arises.
(4) The provisions of paragraphs (1) and (2) of this Article shall not apply if the beneficial owner of the interest, being a resident of a Contracting State, has in the other Contracting State in which the interest arises a permanent establishment with which the debt-claim from which the interest arises is effectively connected. In such a case, the provisions of Article 7 shall apply.
(5) Interest shall be deemed to arise in a Contracting State when the payer is that State itself, a political subdivision, a local authority or a resident of that State.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (5) of this Article, where the payer of the interest, whether he is a resident of a Contracting State or not, has in a Contracting State a permanent establishment in connection with which the debt-claim on which the interest is paid was incurred and which bears the interest, the interest shall be deemed to arise in the State in which the permanent establishment is situated.
(7) Where, owing to a special relationship between the payer and the person deriving the interest or between both of them and some other person, the amount of the interest paid exceeds, for whatever reason, the amount which would have been paid in the absence of such relationship, the provisions of this Article shall apply only to the last-mentioned amount. In that case, the excess part of the payments shall remain taxable according to the law of each Contracting State, due regard being had to the other provisions of this Convention.