Summary proceedings (Sc): Stages of taking a summary cause action
At each stage of the proceedings you must
- ensure that the debt remains unpaid and
- record the action taken on all the appropriate records.
To start to pursue an action you need to
- prepare a summons (form1) and a service document for the defender (form1b) (DMBM675300 onwards)
- send the form 1 etc to the court for registration (DMBM675420)
- arrange for the service document(form1b) to be delivered to the defender (DMBM675450 - DMBM675500)
- return the summons(form1) and/or the certificate of execution of service to the court
- lodge form 17 with the court where appropriate
- attend the court if necessary (DMBM675110)
- obtain extract decree where the action is successful (DMBM675960)
- instruct the sheriff officer as to how the decree that you have obtained for your debt is to be enforced (DMBM675970).