Enforcement action: CCP: general: recording cases for county court proceedings
You will be concerned with the following types of record for CCP cases:
- IDMS or SA systems which serve as both control record and B/F diary
and, additionally for cases you enter into court clerically
- Book 28 (or an electronic equivalent, such as an Excel spreadsheet) for accounting record for fees incurred.
Book 28 (or electronic equivalent)
Once you are ready to start proceedings,
- record the CCP number, tax reference and claim number details in the Register of court cases (Book 28) or an Excel spreadsheet
- number each case consecutively within the Account.
Form N205A (Notice of issue (specified amount))
The form N205A is your receipt for the fee paid and shows
- the claim number (you must always quote this number and the names of the parties involved, on all correspondence with the court)
- the name of the court
- the names of the parties involved
- the date the court posted the Claim Form to the defendant(s)
- the deemed date of service
- the date by which the defendant has to reply.