Debt and return pursuit: contract settlements: customer response - disputed contract
When you contact the customer they may dispute that the settlement is valid. If this is the case you should
- listen to what the customer tells you and make a full note of why they believe the contract is not valid
- find out from the customer whether they have raised this with the compliance officer who raised the charge and if so what did they say
- advise the customer that you will contact compliance and ring them back
- telephone the Enquiry Officer who raised the charge (their Pay Identification Number (PID) will be shown in the “Local Ref” field on SAFE)
- tell them what the customer has told you and ask them whether the contract is valid.
Contract not valid
If the contract is not valid the compliance team who raised the charge on SAFE will be responsible for cancelling it.
- Note Action History on IDMS
- set proposed action ‘A/W Clearance’
- B/F for 28 days.
If the contract is valid
- telephone the customer and tell them
- obtain payment in full or if that is not possible
- negotiate a time to pay arrangement.
If the customer cannot be persuaded to make a payment follow DMBM565130.