Debt and return pursuit: CIS: the CIS computer system
CIS computer system
The CIS computer system will be browser based which allows contractors and subcontractors access to the new system and will bring with it an increased use of the e-channel.
The system can be used to:
- authenticate CIS customers to ensure they are who they say they are
- verify subcontractors to find out the appropriate rates of tax deduction
- correct any errors on the monthly return
- issue pre-populated returns
- view customer records
- log and capture returns
- amend CIS customer details.
Information available on CIS
The CIS computer system holds details of:
- contractor designatory details
- contractor return details
- sub contractor designatory details
- verification details
- agent details and Contact History.
DMB CIS user roles
DMB staff will have one of the following CIS roles:
CIS R Pursuit Officer
CIS R Pursuit Officer allows you to:
- view and authenticate CIS customers
- issue replacement pre-populated returns
- manually log and capture nil returns
- update registration details
- record contact history.
CIS R Pursuit Manager
CIS R Pursuit Manager allows you to:
- do all of the above
- view and inhibit CIS penalties
- set return period exemptions.