Debt and return pursuit: CIS: the CIS computer system
CIS computer system
The CIS computer system is browser-based which allows contractors and subcontractors access to the new system and will bring with it an increased use of the e-channel.
The system can be used to:
- authenticate CIS customers to ensure they are who they say they are
- verify subcontractors to find out the appropriate rates of tax deduction (it’s mandatory to do this online from 6 April 2017)
- correct any errors on the monthly return
- view customer records
- log and capture returns
- amend CIS customer details.
Information available on CIS
The CIS computer system holds details of:
- contractor designatory details
- contractor return details
- sub contractor designatory details
- verification details
- agent details and Contact History.
DMB CIS user roles
DMB staff will have one of the following CIS roles:
CIS R Pursuit Officer
CIS R Pursuit Officer allows you to:
- view and authenticate CIS customers
- manually log and capture nil returns
- update registration details
- record contact history.
CIS R Pursuit Manager
CIS R Pursuit Manager allows you to:
- do all of the above
- view and inhibit CIS penalties
- set return period exemptions.