Customer contact: Outdoor calls: Asking for payment
Where you have to obtain payment ask for immediate settlement of the debt, preferably by Debit Card. Where payment is made by cheque you should only give an official receipt if your customer asks for it. Where a payment is made in cash:
- ask the customer to remain with you while you count the money and hand over an official receipt
- take your time and don’t get flustered.
If you are being rushed:
- politely tell the customer to wait
- explain that it is in both your interests that the money is checked correctly
- try not to talk to the customer whilst counting the cash
- recount the cash if you are not sure of the amount
- agree the amount with the customer and give an official receipt.