Customer contact: Outdoor calls: Action when customer seen
When you have identified your customer, introduced yourself and done all you can to ensure confidentiality you should state why you are calling.
Where appropriate you should:
- give details of the outstanding debt, returns and so on
- request immediate payment, preferably by Debit Card, and/or completion of returns
- remind the customer of the date that payment or returns should have been made
- give details of previous applications
- warn of recovery action.
The actual steps you will need to take will depend upon whether there are special circumstances and how the customer responds to you. In general you should:
- listen carefully to what your customer says to you
- be ready to answer any comment made or query raised
- keep your objective in mind and
- keep to the point. Do not allow yourself to be side tracked.