Customer contact: Outdoor calls: What to take with you on call
When you make calls you will need to take a number of items with you. The following lists are not exhaustive but in general you should be able you to complete calls efficiently and effectively by taking
- all the case papers
- your official identification (for example, your HMRC ID card)
- a receipt pad
- a pad of forms 55 (and/or other suitable material)
In addition, you may find it useful to carry
- a calculator
- a map or street-map of the area you are visiting
- a pad of call report forms.
Where your call itinerary includes employer customers you could carry some PAYE/NIC literature (for example, the four Employer’s Help Books - E10 to E13).
For your personal safety and comfort
- take as many of the safety and protective clothing items you consider necessary
- wear comfortable shoes, especially if you know you will have a lot of walking to do
- carry a mobile telephone (this will also allow you to contact the office in order to process a payment by debit card).