Customer contact: Outdoor calls: Higher debt manager's role
As a higher debt manager you are responsible for:
- the personal safety of your staff
- organising and supervising the work of personal calls with the main objective of clearing cases as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- follow the ‘personal safety’ guidance set out at DMBM511330
- review cases appropriate for personal call to make sure that the reason for the call is clearly stated, the call is essential and all papers are supplied
- review calls on hand to make sure that priority attention is given where required
- make sure that the call programme and route planning are organised economically for travelling and subsistence purposes
- examine call reports and, where appropriate, give directions on next action
- check that the returned calls agree with the staff call itinerary lists and entries in the outdoor calls diaries.