Payment Allocation, Overpayments and Repayments: Self Assessment: Manual Changes to Payment Allocation: Procedures
To re-allocate a payment manually follow the steps below.
- If there is any risk that all the actions to correct the customer record may not be completed before the next statement is issued consider either
* inhibiting statement issue ,or * advising the customer that you will be amending the payment record
- Use function VIEW STATEMENT to identify what credits need to be reallocated or transferred to OAS
Note: If you are in any doubt about the correct course of action, or what amounts to reallocate / transfer, or the sequence in which to carry out the various steps refer to your line manager who can contact the BusinessUserSupport, SA (PT Product & Process) for more information.
Correct the payment allocation
- Use function TRANSFER FROM TAXPAYER CREDIT to transfer to OAS any amounts of inappropriate RPS
- Use function CLERICAL REALLOCATION to reallocate or refresh credits on a customer’s SA record.
This can be used to remove any erroneous interest charges but please bear in mind that any amount credited to the inappropriate interest charge will be reallocated to any other outstanding charge or any charge becoming due within 45 days
- Use function VIEW STATEMENT to confirm that the results of using function CLERICAL REALLOCATION and TRANSFER FROM TAXPAYER CREDIT are as expected
- Use function MAINTAIN SA NOTES to enter an Action Note recording the manual re-allocation, in SA Notes
Notify DMB Banking OAS section
- Use form SA331 to provide DMB Banking with full disposal instructions for all amounts transferred to OAS as explained in DMBM210205 and DMBM210210.
- If a statement showing incorrect or incomplete information has been issued, provide the customer with an explanation and apologise for any confusion. You may wish to send them a screen print of ‘today’s’ statement.