Roles and responsibilities: Border Force
Border Force (BF) are responsible for:
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
- carrying out examinations at ports, airports and inland clearance facilities where selected and notified by the supervising office, to verify goods presented agree with customs declarations made
- checking and endorsing INF forms where required to be presented on importation/exportation
- giving advance notification to the importer/exporter, or agent, if their consignment has been selected for examination and/or sampling
- liaising with agents and port authorities on all aspects of the planning and conduct of examinations and post-examination activity
- taking samples and completing sample test notes where required by the supervising office.