Case records: Welsh language cases
A company may ask for all correspondence to be issued to it in Welsh. COTAX cannot issue Welsh output so you have to use the following process to make sure the company receives its correspondence in the language of choice.
- Contact the Welsh Contact Centre on (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) to make sure that they consider it a genuine Welsh language case.
- If they agree, use function ACNA (Amend Company Name/Address) to change the Registered Office address to:
HMRC Welsh CT section
- Use function ACTP (Amend Taxpayer Details) to set the language signal to ‘W’.
- See the action guide at COM120032, use function MRSC (Maintain Repay / Realloc Signals (Company)) and select ‘repayments only’ in the ‘inhibitions’ field. This means any repayments can be made manually in Welsh.
- Use function NOTE (Case Notes) to say why you have set the inhibit signal.