CT Pay and File: assessments: no assessment required
You should set the NAR (No Assessment Required) signal for a CT Pay and File AP if
- There is no income for the AP
- An assessment, if issued, would contain only zeros
You can set the NAR signal in Functions
- PASR (Prepare Assessment Based On Return)
- PAST (Prepare Full Assessment)
PEST (Prepare Estimated Assessment) by
- Going to screen COT120F
- Selecting ‘N’ in the ‘Is an assessment required for this AP?’ field
COTAX does not allow you to set the NAR signal for any AP that has a payment recorded against it.
COTAX automatically deletes the NAR signal for the AP if you later make an assessment.
For a list of functions to use in particular situations, see COM151011.