Repayments / reallocations: repayment cancellation: stop repayment
Sometimes you may need to stop the overnight processing of a repayment. You do this by using Function SREP (Stop Repayments) before the cut off for processing of repayments, which is 4pm.
The cut off is normally the same day as the day the repayment is created, but it is 4pm the next working day if the repayment is created on a Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday.
This function can only be used where the repayment status (Word 35KB) is:
- risks apply - authorised
- authorised automatically
- awaiting manual issue.
This function cannot be used for:
- repayments with a status of risks apply - unauthorised. However, repayments with this status can be cancelled by the Repayment / Reallocation Authoriser using Function PRKR
- repayment of additional repayment interest
- repayments created by Debt Management and Banking.
The whole repayment is stopped in cases where the repayment is:
- for more than one AP which have been linked together and / or
- made up of a combination of tax, interest and penalties.
When Function SREP has been used to stop a repayment:
- the repayment is removed from the overnight processing request list and the issue of the payable order is stopped
- the repayment postings in Function VPPD (View Payments and Postings Details) are reversed
- the repayment status is changed to ‘Repayment Stopped’
- the repayment is posted to work list LOPD (Overpayments Review List).
See COM123011 for a list of functions to use in particular situations.