Procedures in NIC&EO PAYE Employer Office, Longbenton: bulk verification
There are two different ways NIC&EO Longbenton will receive bulk verification requests:
- work items on the PEGA system when the contractor has phoned the CIS Helpline to verify
- faxes from the processing offices when the contractor has written a letter to verify.
All calls for verification of subcontractors will initially be made to the CIS Helpline who will be able to deal with the majority of cases.
Where a contractor wishes to verify 11 or more subcontractors they will be advised that the CIS Helpline cannot deal with a long list of verifications. The contractor’s scheme name and contact details will be taken and the contractor told that NIC&EO Longbenton will ring back within four working days. In these cases
- a work item will be created by the CIS Helpline, which will pass overnight through the PEGA system for NIC&EO to action.
The CIS Helpline is unable to deal with verification of 11 or more subcontractors because the inbound call duration is too long.
If you are allocated the CISR Verification Processor role you will be able to take the following actions on a work item:
- Complete: When the bulk verification has been finalised and the information given to the contractor.
- BF: Awaiting a response from a contractor, initially unable to contact contractor or awaiting a call back from a contractor.
- Reject: If action is not required or possible (no contact or response from contractor).
When a bulk verification work item is rejected because you were unable to contact a contractor, the contractor will contact the CIS Helpline again. They will provide a contact number and details of the time they can be contacted so that you can complete the verification process.
Further guidance can be found
- within the CIS Reform Manual at CISR51600, and
- on the Bulk Verification helpcard.