Procedures in NIC&EO PAYE Employer Office, Longbenton: responsibilities - what the Employer Office does
Current CIS work
NIC&EO Longbenton is responsible for work previously undertaken by the CIS Centre Newry, Personal Tax (PT) Operations CIS Teams and also for the work previously undertaken by the CIS Team in Shipley. This work includes
- finalising the Tax Treatment Qualification Test (TTQT) for Individuals, Partnerships and Trusts
- appeals against failure of TTQT for Individuals, Partnerships and Trusts
- appeals against all Contractor Monthly Return penalties
- Printer Friendly Continuation Sheets (PFCS). These are paper monthly returns for contractors whose computer software was not ready for 6 April 2007. The CIS Centre will manually log and capture the information on the return
- Orphan Continuation Sheets (OCS). These are continuation sheets where no return was received at the same time. The CIS Centre will investigate why the continuation sheet was received and take the appropriate action
- working cases that appear on the ‘Contractor Trace and Match’ worklist
- monthly returns which, for one reason or another, have errors that require clerical handling. These are known and referred to as ‘exceptions’
- dealing with requests to verify 11 or more subcontractors. These are known as ‘bulk verifications’.
The latter three areas of work above will be handled by PEGA, a work flow management system.