Office Manager Guide: CIS Contact Centre
Tasks undertaken by this team
Members of this team deal with the following CIS tasks:
- subcontractor registration applications made by telephone, as long as the caller has a UTR and verified NINO
- verification of a maximum of 10 subcontractors per contact
- updates to customer details, provided that no evidence of change is needed
- log and capture of nil returns
- amendments to contractors’ returns
- exceptions on a return, when these are identified during the course of the contact
- generation of replacement pre-populated returns on request
- provide support for status enquiries and hand off complex queries to Employer Support Teams
- provide general CIS guidance.
CISR user roles required by this team
On the CIS Contact Centre team, staff should be allocated the CISR CMS Advisor role. This allows them to deal with the following tasks:
- identification of customers and authentication of contacts
- subcontractor registrations
- subcontractor verifications - up to a maximum of 10 subcontractors
- processing tax treatment requests
- updates to customer details
- requests to issue pre-populated returns
- corrections to returns
- logging and capturing a contractor’s nil return.
To carry out some, or all, of these tasks a team member may need to view a customer’s CIS record. They may also need to view or check details of previous contacts with the customer (or customer’s representative).
Managers should be allocated the CISR CMS Manager role.