Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: liaison: risk and intelligence service (RIS)
Risk & Intelligence Service (RIS) is divided into three distinct elements - Analysis & Information, Campaigns & National Projects and Operations.
RIS Analysis & Information, brings together Analysis and Information across Risk and Intelligence teams to develop a high level view of compliance risk threats and develop our ability to respond to those risks and threats.
The teams that make up RIS Analysis and Information are as follows:
- Professional Head of Analysis
- Intelligence Assessment
- Tasking & Co-ordination
The Campaign & National Projects (CNP) Teams work closely with all directorates in developing campaigns and national projects to address the highest risks identified in the Department’s Strategic Plans.
Operations is split into two teams: Operations Compliance and the Criminal Intelligence Group. Their role is to:
- deliver intelligence packages across the compliance spectrum in alignment with the tactical plan
- deliver quality and timely RIS intelligence packages
- gather, record and disseminate operational information/intelligence to inform key customers and assist with the development of intelligence packages
- undertake continuous feedback and debriefing of intelligence packages to help build new and tailored operational approaches.
- see COG904520.
The Ideas Generator has been set up to enable all Local Compliance (LC) and Risk & Intelligence Service (RIS) staff to submit risk ideas for consideration in the compliance planning process.
The aim of the new Ideas Generator is to
- provide a single channel through which to send ideas to RIS
- support and encourage LC and RIS operational staff to share their ideas on tax risks and how they should be tackled.