Supporting Guidance: employer compliance: guidance by subject: liaison: tax administration advice
Tax Administration Advice has responsibility for providing advice and guidance on some aspects of casework including:
- officers’ powers
- Human Rights Act
- letters of offer
- contract settlements
- confidentiality and exchange of information.
Where you require information or advice on cases you should first consult local guidance sources or Employment Status & Intermediaries (ES&I) (COG904550).
If the issue cannot be resolved from the guidance you can get in touch with TAA by using the contact details on the Central Policy site under the A-Z index.
If the issue is complex, a written submission should be made using form (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) . The form should be signed by the team manager (SO or above) and include:
- details of the issue at stake
- the reason for the referral
- a summary of the relevant facts
- details of any determinations (including penalties) and/or decisions issued and the appeal position on these
- details of areas where you have sought advice, such as:
- local technical resource
- your own observations and suggestions.