Agent operational guidance: dishonest tax agents: penalties: penalty for dishonest conduct: when to assess a £50,000 penalty
You will assess the maximum penalty of £50,000 where an individual
- makes no disclosure of the dishonest conduct
- does nothing to tell you about the dishonest conduct
- does nothing to help you identify the extent of the dishonest conduct
- does not give you access to information and documents
- does not comply with file access notices.
You must have the penalty agreed by an authorising officer, see CH883655.
See CH883660 for guidance about making the penalty assessment.