Reporting and procedures
Please seek advice from CCAST in any of the following circumstances:
- as soon as it seems likely that a payment for costs in excess of £50,000 might have to be made, and before a total figure is agreed with the claimant (also, see CRG5650 for procedures when making payments over £5,000)
- you propose to make a payment for worry and distress or poor complaints handling in excess of £500
- the customer is threatening legal action
- you have concerns about a claim for financial redress, which suggest the claim may have been fabricated
- you are unhappy with a recommendation from the Adjudicator or Ombudsman regarding the level or scope of financial remedy
- you have any other concerns about a claim for financial redress.
Please also let CCAST know about any interesting or innovative ways in which you deal with a claim or make remedy. We want to share good practice and success stories.