Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Complaints and Remedy Guidance

Introduction: Getting help

If you find that a case you are dealing with raises issues that are not covered in CRG, or if you need further help for any reason, contact your Business Unit Complaints Team. You can also contact a member of the Central Complaints Advice and Support Team (CCAST), by phone or email.

It is usually best to seek advice at an early stage. It is very easy to admit to mistakes or make commitments in terms of remedy, but much harder to go back on any statements or decisions if they subsequently prove to be premature or ill founded.