CTSA: quarterly instalments: due dates: accounting period less than 12 months
When the accounting period is less than twelve months:
- the final instalment is due, as normal, three months and 14 days after the end of the accounting period,
- earlier instalments are due only if the earlier dates mentioned above fall before the due date for the final instalment.
This means that an accounting period of:
- three months or less,
- needs only the final instalment,
- between three months one day and six months,
- needs only a first and a final instalment,
- between six months one day and nine months,
- needs a first, a second and a final instalment,
- more than nine months,
- needs all four instalments.
The leap year point illustrated in Example 3 in CTM92570 affects the final instalment due date for a short accounting period that ends on 16 November.