background: features of SLBS: introduction
This section of the Collection of Student Loans Manual explains features and issuesrelating to the Student Loans Business Service (SLBS).
- Is a Windows type operating system, tailored to the particular needs of the Department
- Allows you to tab into fields and onto function buttons, using the [Tab] key on the keyboard
- Includes online system help
The normal online Windows Help system is available for general guidance on using theWindows system.
A field is normally an area on the screen in which information can be entered (an inputfield), or information held on the computer record is displayed but cannot be amended (a view only field).
Fields may be presented as
- A list box, or selection box providing you with a list of the options available. You select an entry to set that entry on the record or go to another screen to see further details for that entry
- A check box. This is a one-character field normally used for indicators, where, for example, the entry must be ‘Y’ or ‘N’. You select the field to set or unset the indicator or signal, or where the options are presented as a drop down list, use the arrow at the side of the check box and then select the required option
In SLBS, various labelled buttons are shown on the screen. Usually these are at the bottom of the screen.
They are used to do many things, with each labelled button serving a specific purpose. For example, to
- Complete actions
- Move to other functions
- Go back to a previous screen
- Go forward to the next screen
- Abandon the function
- Call up online system help. This is the [Help] button
Where a button is shown in a lighter grey than the other on-screen buttons it is inactive, that is not available for use. This is referred to in guidance as greyed out. For example the [OK] button will not be available until you have completed all the mandatory fields on a screen. Once you have completed all the mandatory fields the [OK] button will become active.