Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: forms questions and answers: where do I show SL deductions on SA return?

Suggested answer

If you are sending your SA return in paper form you should include the amounts at question 2 on page TR5 of the Student Loan section of the SA100 full tax return, or at question 1.6 on page 1 of the SA200 short tax return.

If you are completing your SA return online you will, (after confirming you are repaying an Income Contingent Student Loan) be presented with a screen which will allow you to enter the amounts of any Student Loan repayments deducted.

In both formats the amounts you enter should be the amount of Student Loan repayments deducted by your employer and included on your P60. But be aware your P60 will not include any Student Loan repayments deducted by any previous employer during the year. Remember to add in any amounts deducted by previous employers as detailed on your payslips.

HMRC action