beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: forms questions and answers: is there any help for new CSL employers?

Suggested answer

New employers and employers with less than three years payroll experience can call the New Employer Helpline on 0300 200 3211.

If you need to start making Student Loan deductions for one of your employees you should call the Employer’s helpline above. You should also refer to our website at

HMRC action


Note: It is HMRC’s responsibility to help employers operate the Collection of Student Loans scheme. Do not refer employers to the Student Loans Company.