This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: borrowers questions and answers: amount of repayments: can I increase my repayments?

Suggested answer 

You cannot increase repayments by asking your employer to deduct more than is permitted by law.

If you want to make a voluntary payment or payment, you should contact the Student Loans Company on 0300 100 0611. They will be able to help you.

HMRC action 



1. The employer must make deductions in accordance with the Student Loans Tables
2. The Student Loans Company will normally accept voluntary payments from a borrower, but these do not replace the deductions being made by the employer