This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: employers questions and answers: forms, records and payment: do I need new forms to handle student loans?

Suggested answer


HMRC has introduced only three new forms for the Student Loans scheme. None of these have to be completed by the employer. They are

  • Start Notice, (form SL1) - This is sent to the employer with instructions as to when to start making deductions for a particular employee
  • Stop Notice. (form SL2) - This form tells the employer when to stop making Student Loan deductions
  • Student Loan Deduction Tables (form SL3) - only in very rare circumstances will these need to be used and are available to download from the HMRC website

HMRC action