This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Claimant Compliance Manual

Liaison: External Links - LAs - Text of Paragraph 8 of Statement of Arrangements

Exchange of information will take place:

  • in writing - authorities can write to the Tax Credit Office for information about tax credits relevant to claims for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
  • by telephone - authorities can request tax credit information by contacting the dedicated Tax Credit Helpline
  • electronically - tax credits information will be shared through bulk data exchange; we will participate in weekly data matching with DWP and some authorities are involved in this data matching on a quarterly basis.