beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Claimant Compliance Manual

Migrant Workers: EEA Students

A8 and A2 students have a R2R on the same basis as other EEA students, namely they must have sufficient resource of their own not to be a burden on the social assistance system of the UK.

An A8 student who is working must register with the WRS, see CCM20110 

An A2 student does not need to register with WAS, see CCM20140 

A2 students may work part time up to 20 hours per week but to do this they must hold a registration certificate from the Home Office confirming they are exercising an EC Treaty right as a student.

A2 nationals, who are exercising EC treaty rights as a student, a self-employed or self sufficient person may, if they wish, seek a European Registration Certificate confirming their status.

For further guidance refer to TCTM02077