Valuation: what to include
If you are referring a case for valuation, you need to include as much of the following information as is appropriate:
- a full description of the asset. If, for example, it is a ship, whether it is a sailing yacht, a motor yacht, a houseboat, etc.
- the relevant facts of its history. For example, a history of any alterations or conversions, etc.
- the date of acquisition
- the original acquisition cost or the proposed acquisition value and the cost of any significant additional expenditure
- the date of disposal
- the amount of the disposal proceeds or the proposed disposal value
- the value(s) for which it was insured at the date(s) when a value is required
- the taxpayer’s valuation and any available information about the qualifications of any valuer they may have employed.