Leases: disposal: short leases: introduction
A number of special rules apply to the disposal of a short lease, that is a lease with a remaining term of 50 years or less at the date of its disposal. Those rules are dealt with in the following guidance:
- wasting of allowable expenditure: general, see CG71141-CG71162
- disposal of lease acquired subject to a sub-lease not at a rack rent, see CG71170-CG71175
- interaction with capital allowances, see CG71180
- disposal of a lease which was a wasting asset at 6 April 1965, see CG71190
- interaction with Schedule A, see CG71200
- assignment of a short lease granted at under-value, see CG71210.