It is not currently possible to apply online for this licence. Please contact your local authority.


You need a licence from the local council if you’re a hackney carriage (taxicab) driver in England (excluding London), Scotland and Wales.

The conditions of your licence depend on the local council.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.