Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the volunteer management sector.
Volunteering is very important in the UK with around 24.7 million volunteers each year. Volunteer managers are essential to make sure volunteers get the most out of volunteering and that organisations make the best use of their volunteers.
Volunteering happens in charities, social enterprises and voluntary organisations as well as in hospitals, schools and other public organisations, and in companies that run volunteering schemes for employees.
Volunteer management involves a lot of different tasks. It includes tasks like:
- writing role descriptions
- finding training opportunities
- developing volunteer programmes
- supervising and supporting volunteers
- promoting volunteering opportunities
- motivating volunteers
- managing risks associated with volunteering
- developing structures, systems and procedures to support volunteering
This apprenticeship is endorsed by the Association of Volunteer Managers and Volunteering England.
Types of apprenticeships
This is an advanced level apprenticeship in volunteer management. You could train in roles like:
- volunteer manager
- volunteer coordinator
- volunteer advisor
- volunteer team leader
Apply for a volunteer management apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education