Vehicle parts apprenticeships
- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies apprenticeships and Further education and training
- First published:
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the vehicle parts sector.
This apprenticeship covers the sale of motor parts for all kinds of vehicles.
You’ll likely work in a retail outlet selling vehicle parts. You’ll learn skills including how to:
- receive, move, and store stock
- keep records
- write up order
- manage returns
- process payments
- organise displays to promote vehicle parts
You’ll develop knowledge of motor vehicles to understand the purpose of vehicle parts and how they function. The work is diverse and you’ll be working both behind the scenes receiving deliveries and at the front desk, serving customers.
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of vehicle parts apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You could train in roles like:
- parts sales representatives
- parts telesales representative
Advanced level apprenticeship
You’ll train in the more specialised role as a vehicle parts adviser.
Apply for a vehicle parts apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012