Vehicle fitting apprenticeships
- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies apprenticeships and Further education and training
- First published:
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the vehicle fitting sector.
Motor vehicle fitters, or fast-fit technicians, repair and replace tyres, batteries, exhausts and other vehicle parts, while the customer waits.
You’ll choose to specialise in one of these 2 areas:
- fast-fit, which involves identifying, removing and replacing faulty components like tyres, batteries and brakes
- specialist tyre fitting, which deals with removing and replacing tyres on anything from cars to tractors
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of vehicle fitting apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You could train in roles like:
- fast fit technician/motor vehicle fitter
- tyre technician
Advanced level apprenticeship
You’ll learn how to supervise fast-fit operations by managing stock, organising staff and advising customers.
Apply for a vehicle fitting apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012