Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the vehicle fitting sector.
Motor vehicle fitters, or fast-fit technicians, repair and replace tyres, batteries, exhausts and other vehicle parts, while the customer waits.
You’ll choose to specialise in one of these 2 areas:
- fast-fit, which involves identifying, removing and replacing faulty components like tyres, batteries and brakes
- specialist tyre fitting, which deals with removing and replacing tyres on anything from cars to tractors
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of vehicle fitting apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You could train in roles like:
- fast fit technician/motor vehicle fitter
- tyre technician
Advanced level apprenticeship
You’ll learn how to supervise fast-fit operations by managing stock, organising staff and advising customers.
Apply for a vehicle fitting apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education